Birdsong

By Emma Langford      

The song 'Birdsong' by Emma Langford conveys a message of inner strength and self-love, symbolized by the metaphor of a bird soaring high above judgment and hate. The lyrics emphasize the resilience and independence of the individual, showcasing a determination to rise above challenges and remain true to oneself. 

It offers a glimpse of the consequences of the choice to judge others.  Many interpretations and perspectives may be applied.  Search for them. 



[Chorus]
'Til your eyes find me I'm strong as my bones.
'Til then here I stand, I am strong as my bones.
'Til your eyes find me I am strong as my bones.
'Til then, only then, I am strong as my bones.

[Verse 1:]
Then, only then, I am all self-doubt.
All my will and my won't fly out of my mouth
Like a little white dove that you've trained so well
To sing prettily along to another bird's song

[Chorus]

[Verse 2:]
Meanwhile I’m tall, I am tow'ring above,
All your hate in your soul can't undo this self-love.
Like a little white dove that will soar on the wind
Proudly bruising my lungs with the songs I have sung

[Chorus:]

[Verse 3:]
I'll beat my breast, cry a great fearsome cry
See you cowering then as I fly high.
And when I am done, oh, I′ll swoop on down
Seeking those eyes of judgment, I'll peck ′em out.

[Chorus:]

[Verse 4:]
But for now I belong to no beast, man, or thing
My own self is my own, I am strong as my bones.
Like a fierce bird of prey that knows only the hunt
With a strength you don't know, how your pretty bird′s flown.

[Chorus]
'Til your eyes find me, I am strong as my bones
′Til then, only then, I am strong as my bones
'Til your eyes find me, I am strong as my bones
′Til then, only then, I am strong as my bones

'Til your eyes find me, I am strong as my bones
'Til then, only then, I am strong as my bones
′Til your eyes find me, I am strong as my bones
′Til then, only then, I am strong as my bones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be thoughtful, be helpful, be civil…